Growing Mushrooms for Beginners
A Simple Guide to Cultivating Mushrooms at Home
A practical introduction to growing and enjoying mushrooms at home
Cultivating your own mushrooms is simple and satisfying once you've mastered a few basics. Growing Mushrooms for Beginners is full of advice, techniques, and step-by-step instructions for growing a range of edible and medicinal mushrooms at home, whether you have a sprawling backyard, a tiny balcony, or no outdoor space at all.
- Cultivation at a glance--Get started with a straightforward guide to the basics of the cultivation process, and explore simple setups that require minimal space and investment.
- A variety of growing mediums--Learn everything you need to know to successfully grow mushrooms on logs, straw, sawdust and woodchips, compost, and in mason jars.
- Project-specific pointers--Find troubleshooting tips for every growing project, plus instructions for freezing, drying, and cooking with your harvest.
- Popular mushroom profiles--Explore detailed profiles of 7 novice-friendly mushroom types, like oyster and lion's mane, including their unique characteristics, flavors, health benefits, and specific growing requirements.
- 30 culinary and medicinal recipes--Discover delicious recipes to showcase your mushroom harvest, from Cordyceps Tea to Tri-Mushroom Curry.
Learn how to grow and utilize a wide variety of mushrooms at home with help from this beginner-friendly guide.
- 154 pages
- Rockridge Press (5/10/21)
- 7.4 x 0.6 x 9.3 inches