Note: Discount inventory sales are final. Discounted books may have shelf wear, markings, stickers, or other cosmetic imperfections.
A spiritual, political, and interdisciplinary anthology of wisdom stories from today's Black liberation thought leaders and teachers.
Afrikan Wisdom is a collection of 30 spiritual essays written by an eclectic group of inspirational Black thought leaders and teachers who reflect on the unique experience of being Black in the world today. Author and editor Valerie Mason-John (Vimalasara) has created an anthology whose aim is to instill readers with the knowledge, awareness, validation, and spiritual tools needed to nurture their individual and collective liberation. While centering on the Black Buddhist experience, essays included in this volume also branch out to include other spiritual traditions and views. Topics include:
- African and Afro-Diasporan cultures, histories, and spiritualities
- Black radical traditions of liberation and consciousness
- Anti-colonialism and anti-slavery
- Buddhist philosophy
- Social and environmental justice
- African and Afro-Diasporan art, music and literature
- The prison industrial complex and mass incarceration
- (Kemetic) yoga, healing and mindfulness
- Intersections with Indigenous cultures
- Addiction and recovery
- Trans-generational trauma
Afrikan Wisdom represents an intersectional, cross-pollinated exploration of Black life--past, present, and future.This book will prove both an inspiration and a motivation for Black readers, as well as anyone else interested in reading about emerging spiritual voices.