Beginning this month we are undertaking a broad re-visioning of 610 Haywood Road. As the result of extensive conversations within our collective we've decided to scale back our cafe operations while expanding our bookstore. This will allow us to focus more on community events and the other aspects of our project that align with our mission and the passions of our members.
- Firestorm's full-service cafe, including espresso, sandwiches, and soups
- Early morning cafe hours
- Fair-trade, organic coffee and tea from Equal Exchange
- Vegan baked goods
- Space to study, work on a laptop, or gather with friends
- Daily community events
- Expanded bookstore selection, including more fiction, poetry, and health titles
- A new, dedicated kid's reading and event space
- New Monday hours (starting 4/1)
Changes will begin immediately with the cafe moving to reduced hours. By May 1st, the bookstore expansion will be fully realized.
- February 13th -- Reduced cafe hours (9am to 4pm)
- February 25th -- Last day of cafe service
- February 26th -- Phase I bookstore expansion, including new kid's space
- March -- Phase II bookstore expansion
- April 1st -- New Monday hours
We want to offer big appreciation to our community for the invaluable dedication and support that makes our project possible! We remain committed to social movement and anti-oppression work (including veganism) in the midst of this change, and look forward to receiving your feedback.